Intuitive Shipping expands on Shopify and Store Pickup + Delivery shipping options, giving you all the tools you need to charge your customers the right price for shipping.
We recommend using apps like Intuitive shipping when you have more complex rates needs like product based rates, date based rates, or any other more advanced scenario.
If you would like Intuitive shipping rates to show only when your customers select delivery or shipping in our widget, we recommend integrating Intuitive shipping the the Rates tab of Store Pickup + Delivery app.
- Connecting Intuitive shipping to Store Pickup + Delivery
- Prevent duplicate rates
- In order to use third party app's rates, Shopify requires you to have Carrier service API enabled. Read more in our Carrier service API article.
Connecting Intuitive shipping to Store Pickup + Delivery
Intuitive shipping can be used for your delivery or shipping rates.
In order to integrate it in Store Pickup + Delivery, you will need to locate your unique Intuitive shipping API key.
- Go to Apps, and then click Intuitive shipping.
- Within the Intuitive shipping app, click the Partners tab.
- Copy the API key.
- Go to Apps, and then click Store Pickup + Delivery.
- Go to the Rates tab.
- Depending on the section where you'd like to integrate Intuitive shipping rates, go to the Delivery or Shipping section and click Advanced options.
- Locate Intuitive shipping and click Add carrier.
- Paste the API key and tick the Enable Intuitive Shipping rates.
- Add rate adjustments if needed and click Save.
- If you are using Intuitive shipping rates only, we recommend disabling Store Pickup + Delivery delivery rates, and removing any shipping zones in Store Pickup + Delivery shipping section. Only Intuitive shipping should be added as a carrier within Store Pickup + Delivery.
Your Intuitive shipping rates should be generating through Store Pickup + Delivery now—you can now test them.
If you've integrated it in the delivery section, they will show when your customers select delivery in the widget.
If you've integrated it in the shipping section, they will show when your customers select shipping in the widget.
Prevent duplicate rates
When your Intuitive shipping rates are generating through Store Pickup + Delivery, we recommend removing Intuitive shipping as the carrier from Shopify shipping and delivery settings.
- Go to Shopify Settings and then Shipping and delivery.
- Under your General shipping rates, click Manage.
- Delete Intuitive shipping as a carrier if it's added in your domestic shipping zone.
Only Store Pickup + Delivery should be added as a carrier under your domestic shipping zone. Then, our app can control which rates to show at checkout, depending on the checkout method selected in our widget.
If you're not seeing Intuitive shipping rates:
- Check if the correct API key is added
- If you're in test mode with Intuitive shipping, make sure you're following their instructions for testing
- Contact Intuitive shipping at email@example.com to make sure the rates are set up correctly in their app